What is Acupuncture?
Medical Acupuncture therapy is a safe and effective form of treatment, wherein thin, needles are inserted at specific points below the skin. This form of treatment has roots in traditional Chinese medicine. The basic notion in acupuncture is that every form of illness is caused by an energy imbalance in the human body. Needles are inserted at specific points on the body to rebalance this energy, which moves along twelve series of lines known as meridians.
The needles used in acupuncture therapy are sterilized, stainless steel needles, disposable and utilized for one-time use only. The needle is rotated on selected points of the body or an electric current is passed through it. It is believed that the needles form an external stimulus, leading to the release of endorphins which are known to be 'natural painkillers'. This process initiates the self-healing process within the body
There are a variety of reasons to consider acupuncture. It is a holistic way to detoxify the body, treat disorders and disease and aid in various types of discomfort within the body.
It can be administered alongside clinical treatments and the remarkable thing is that acupuncture is believed to help patients recover faster than without acupuncture intervention.
Acupuncture therapy is good for vitality and it is known to boost the immune system. Many people make use of this alternative therapy to minimize stress levels and improve blood circulation in their body.
Acupuncture is known to prevent a particular ailment from becoming acute and severe. Apart from these health benefits, acupuncture has been proven effective as a therapy to treat problems such as headaches, migraine, arthritis, weight reduction, women's health, addiction, substance abuse and inflammation and pain reduction.
What can Acupuncture treat?
- Ideal and effective therapy for muscle and joint pains
- Reduce blood pressure problems and hypertension
- Relief from headache and migraine issues
- Helps fight stress related problems
- Effective alternative to pain medications, less expensive, and considered healthier in the long run
Top 5 Reasons To Consider Acupuncture
- Reduce blood pressure problems: It is proven that acupuncture can cause a hypo-aldosteronemic effect. With acupuncture, polypeptides beta-endorphins that trigger pressure to the arteries are reduced.
- Muscle and Joint Pains: Acupuncture is a non-invasive, alternate treatment for people suffering from muscle pain, body ache, joints pains, arthritis and tennis elbow.
- Headache and Migraine: Pressure points in the head and forehead are triggered through the process of Acupuncture to remove the pain caused by headache and migraine.
- Asthma: Acupuncture is known to aid problems like asthma and rhinitis.
- Stress related problems and convalesce issues: Acupuncture boosts the immune system and eliminates the need for people to resort to pain killers. It has also been used to supplement Western treatments like chemotherapy and surgery. Acupuncture is very effective to prevent a health condition from becoming acute. It has been increasingly used by patients suffering from AIDS and Cancer to strengthen the immune system. PMS symptoms: The problem of dysmenorrhoea is eased for women who undergo acupuncture. It helps to lessen the irritating and painful PMS symptom through modulating the psychosomatic conditions. Women who are at higher risk of Urinary Tract Infection can have this problem prevented by undergoing acupuncture therapy.